Friday 18 April 2014

Snowdrop and the Black Rabbit

Snowdrop was surprised by how cold his touch was. It was like a breeze, the breeze that carries away the last living leaves of a tree. Snow will fall, wiping away the redness and the pain. The limbs will soon break down into earth and give life to something new. And the air will grow warm again…

I finished these back in January but only recently came around to finish editing the pictures I took of them. I worked on the black rabbit for over three months. There were so many things I have never done before, the hollow body, the ribcage and moveable spine, the mask, the moveable arms... I learned a lot through this one piece and I hope I can keep it up like this. Snowdrops base is the pattern of another doll. I added a pouch where its heart would be and added some red strings to the seam of the pouch so it looked like it was bleeding. 












No comments:

Post a Comment