I always start with the face. Usually I use some air drying clay which works find for that kind of face and snout. Currently I am trying some new things, but I am fighting with myself...
When I am cutting all the parts and sewing them together I am often working on the floor, since I don't have a table that is big enough for all of it. And I can vacuum after scattering fake fur everywhere, which is a plus.
A wip pic. Nearly done with sewing everything together.
Done with the body. It has a wire armature inside so it is poseable. This was the first time I worked with an armature, and it was really hard. Sadly, it did not work out completely, one of the ears slipped out but all in all it does not look that bad for my first time. After I finish the body I start to paint the face. I always wait until the whole body is assembled and dyed (I usually dye the body, but black velvet does not show much of anything so I skipped that step) because I try to fit the colors of the face and fur.
Working on the cape. The black lace is lovely, it has the perfect weight for a cloak or cape.
I added a wire to the collar because I wanted the whole thing to look witchy or like an evil queen or something like that.
And here it is, all finished. I really love her look but hate how hard it is to take decent pictures from all the black with my mobile phone. Hope that my camera won't have such a hard time.
Well, I hope you like the whole thing. I will make some decent pictures soon.